Sunday, September 04, 2005

ND 42, Pitt 21

How wrong does that look?

I saw the game on tv, and I even watched for a few minutes. I didn't find the game until the score was already 14-10 Notre Dame, but I still couldn't bring myself to watch.

This is a good win, of course, knocking off the #23 team in the nation, but it doesn't really mean much for the rest of the season. The Irish have started off strong a few times in the last several years and still haven't done much. Plus there's the recent history of pulling off the upset, only to later lose the games they're supposed to win easily.

Next up is Michigan in the Big House. I think they were #4 last week. It will be a tough test for Notre Dame, but not impossible. They beat the Wolverines in South Bend last year, and you never know how a rivalry game will go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home