Friday, September 02, 2005

Not exactly frozen tundra, but it'll do

I was flipping through the channels last night and came across a football game. I stopped to watch for a few seconds and then thought, Wait a minute, it's not time for college football yet. Oh, wait, yeah it is.

There's no chill in the air and the cold drizzly rains are still a few weeks away, but it is time for football. Time for marching bands, fight songs, manic crowds, mascots and painted bodies. Time for long bombs, battles in the trenches, reverses, runs up the gut, and the option. Time for polls and second guessing.

Yeah, I love this time of the year. There's just one problem. Notre Dame opens up at Pitt and then at Michigan. That does not inspire a lot of confidence. Yes, I know. New year, new coach. All I hear is "Rebuilding . . . few years. . ." It's going to be a long season. Maybe I can get back to watching the teams I really don't care about, because those games are always more fun to watch. The problem is, I hate so many of the teams that are usually on TV.

1 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Robin Bradford said...

How many years does the "rebuilding" phase last?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home