Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Wwwhhhiiiiinggg....

I contributed my $18 to the record $150 million Revenge of the Sith made over the weekend. It was a pretty good movie, but it was also sort of sad since it is the last movie of the saga. I guess we could always look forward to the Star Wars TV series Lucas wants to make. Hmmm.... Yeah, maybe not....

Anyway, I read a few excerpts of Revenge reviews before I saw the movie. A couple said it is the best of the six films or that it at least rivals The Empire Strikes Back. It is a pretty good movie, but I don't know... I guess it depends on whether you prefer to see a dying Yoda lieing, joking, and wisecracking or a more vibrant Yoda in a lightsaber duel. Of course if you like lightsaber duels (involving Yoda or not), you absolutely love this movie.

There was also a review that complained because we never see what we are continually told about, Anakin being seduced by power. Without ruining the movie for anybody who has not yet seen it, let me just say... WHAT?!? I mean, Good God, man! Were you in the bathroom for a large chunk of the movie? I almost felt like we were being beaten over the head about his temptation. I understand that's what the movie is supposed to be about; I'm not complaining. I'm just saying, how can you say we never see it?

1 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Robin Bradford said...

I felt like we were being beaten over the head with the temptation too. But, I also think it was too subtle for most people. We live in a time when if its not right out there, front and center, people don't get it. If Anakin didn't say "I want power. Lots and Lots of power!" it was too subtle. Plus, he wanted power, but for a relatively *good* reason, and that may have thrown people off too.

I don't know about as good as Empire, though. I would say that ROTS and Star Wars are battling it out for #2 on my scale of Star Wars love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home