Friday, July 15, 2005

Definitions

Irony: 1. Getting soaked while walking home, despite carrying an umbrella. 2. Getting within a block and a half of home and then getting splashed by a passing car, soaking your only remaining dry spot. 3. Enduring 1 and 2 above, then realizing when you get home that you need a shower to wash off the rain. See also this post by robin.

Optimism: Enduring definitions 1 through 3 under "irony," yet still clutching your umbrella over your head. See also this post from earlier this week.

A final note. To the red Ford Truck turning right that honked at me for being in the way and taking too long when I was crossing with the walk sign: Fuck off! Go read the driver's manual you were SUPPOSED to read before getting your driver's license (assuming you have one). You yield to me, asswipe!

2 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Robin Bradford said...

And I thought my evening was bad! Hope today goes better. And I guess that answers your question about the umbrella, right?! If you got it, put it up!

Wait....

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

I got soaked, too. It was punishment for my response about never carrying an umbrella. My curly hair did look cute later, but getting in the car while all wet was NOT fun. I carried my umbrella into the library today :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home