Monday, June 13, 2005

512

In the Interleague series rematch of the 1970 World Series, Ken Griffey Jr. hit his 10th and 11th homers of the season. That's 511 and 512 for his career, tying and passing Mel Ott for a 3-way tie for 16th all-time. Junior should be pushing 600 or so by now, but those nagging injuries took away precious time, and made for lots of unproductive swings. I know A-Rod just broke Junior's mark of youngest to 400, and Junior is no longer a serious threat at 755, but you can still track the milestones here.

2 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger Robin Bradford said...

I have corrupted you! I have gotten you to post on baseball. Can my world dominance be far behind? :)

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger ThatWunGy said...

Apparently no it can't be. I almost had a post on soccer earlier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home